Early Childhood Director
Position Title: Early Childhood Director
Minimum Qualifications: B.A. Certificate in Special Education or Early Childhood, Child Development, or related field with at least two years' experience in early childhood services and supervision of other staff.
Maximum Qualifications: M.A. Certificate in Special Education, or Early Childhood, Child Development, or related field with at least two years’ experience in management and early childhood services.
Supervised By: Executive Director
Supervises: Developmental Specialist II, and Developmental Specialist Ill (Home/Community and Center Based), Respite Coordinator, Ancillary Therapeutic staff and parent liaison.
Compensation: Salary Schedule
Benefits: Personal Time Off, Holidays, Workman's Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, as applicable to employees' status.
Full Time Equivalent: Minimum of 40 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and supervise the early childhood program and;
- Assure early childhood services are in compliance with Department of Health's Long Term Services Division standards, accreditation agency's standards and licensing standards.
- Coordinate staff and family development.
- Coordinate a collaborative method of accessing community and state resources in order to enhance the quality and array of services to children and families throughout the county.
- Explore options for additional funding and coordinate with Executive Director and management team in securing such funds.
- Coordinate billing process for early childhood programs to assure timely incoming.
- Supervise the timely placement process of all children/families referred.
- Provide service coordination when needed to children/families.
- Direct the center based model of services, meeting its commitment to serving both children with disabilities and children without disabilities. Comply with CYFD.
- Facilitate overall agency communication to early childhood.
- Work with surrounding school districts and other early childhood agencies assuring a transition of services to children and families.
- Participate in all Child Find Fairs within Taos County and SW Colfax County identifying children and families in need of services.
- Oversee the early childhood budget and coordinate with appropriate staff and Financial Officer any budget adjustments throughout the year.
- Responsible for timely staff.
- Participate in overall agency planning of public relations and educational activities to enhance early childhood services and increase community awareness.
- Assure that outcome management reports are completed and given to the Executive Director on a timely basis.
- Participate in state and local committees as designated by Executive Director or seen as important to enhancing services.
- Develop and supervise each employees Professional Development Plan.
- Participate in early childhood expansion planning with Executive.
Physical, Mental and Visual Skills:
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to use logical thinking to solve.
- Ability to effectively monitor and develop.
- Ability to perform light to medium work lifting and/or carrying of objects weighting up to 30 pounds, performing such activities as stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping.
The major activities of the job are carried out in the following: Indoors, 65%, outdoors, 20%, and 15% in a car or van.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of working being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and "other'' duties and responsibilities include those that are considered incidental or secondary.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.